Deadline for registration and abstract submission:
the 30th of June 2020.
Within maximum five working days since completing the on-line registration, each registered participant will receive an e-mail confirmation for the participation in the congress. In case you don’t receive the e-mail confirmation, please contact the congress organizing committee at the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
The organizing institution will publish a volume in English, which will include the abstracts of the papers selected by the scientific committee, as well as the Congress programme. This volume has its own ISSN.
Papers may be presented as oral communications or as posters and the participants are allowed to choose one of these variants. In case the oral communications are too numerous (in comparison with the available time), Scientific Committee and Organizing Committee has the right to propose some of these papers to be presented as posters. The authors of the respective papers will be announced in due time. Oral communications must be made using a PowerPoint-like software package. For each paper it will be allotted 10 minutes for the presentation and 5 minutes for questions and answers. The maximum size of the posters will correspond to the A0 portrait format (841 x 1189 mm). For the PowerPoint presentations as well as for poster presentations the English language is mandatory. Also, the oral presentations will be made only in English.
The participants interested in publishing in the journal Travaux du Muséum National d’Histoire Naturelle „Grigore Antipa”, edited by the organizing institution, can send the papers to the editorial staff, following the instructions available on the journal’s web-site travaux.pensoft.net . The papers will be accepted for publication only after an international peer-review process. This journal, with a tradition of over 50 years, is abstracted and/or indexed in: BIOSIS Previews (BIOSIS – Thomson Reuters Science Products); Zoological Record (BIOSIS – Thomson Reuters Science Products); SCOPUS; AGRICOLA (National Agricultural Library); AGRIS; CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastucture); CNPIEC; EBSCO Discovery Service; Google Scholar; J-Gate; Microsoft Academic Search; Naviga (Softweco); Primo Central (ExLibris); Summon (Serials Solutions/ProQuest); TDOne (TDNet); WorldCat (OCLC).
The abstract of the papers which you want to present have to be in English and edited in Microsoft Word (file with “doc” or “docx” extension), font Times New Roman. Scientific names of the species will be written in italics. Each abstract has to be saved in a distinct file, whose name is the same as the first author’s surname and first name (e.g. MURARIU DUMITRU.doc), and in case that there are several abstracts with the same first author, then a figure, from 1 to the number of the abstracts submitted by the same author, will be added (e.g. MURARIU DUMITRU 1.doc, MURARIU DUMITRU 2.doc, etc.).
The content of the abstracts has to respect the following format:
1. Title of the paper: written in lower-case letters, font size 12, Bold, centred; in English;
2. Authors: First name written in lower-case letters and the last name written in CAPITAL LETTERS, font size 11, Center; first name written before the name; in case that there are several authors, their names will be separated by comma; also, if there are several authors which work in different institutions, then each name will have an indicative represented by a figure (written in superscript after the name) which indicates the respective author’s institution; if all authors belong to the same institution, this is not necessary.
3. Authors’ institution and the first author’s contact data: written in lower-case letters, font size 9, Justify; in English; these data has to include the complete name of the institution, department, its complete address and postal code; the first author’s e-mail address is compulsory, and for the other authors it is optional; in case there are several institutions, e-mail addresses will be written one under another after the corresponding indicative of the authors’ names;
4. Key words: written in lower-case letters, font size 9, Justify, separated by commas and, in the end, full stop; in English; maximum 6 key words;
5. Abstract text: written with lower-case letters, font size 11, Justify; in English; it has to contain minimum 200 and maximum 300 words; tables, illustration and/or diagrams ARE NOT PERMITTED in the text; it is recommended not to cite papers in the abstract; but, if some authors consider this citation absolutely necessary, then they can do this between brackets, after the model (Author/Authors, year); in case the author wants to mention several paper, the citations will be separated by „;”;
6. References: written with lower-case letters (the authors’ names with CAPITAL LETTERS), font size 9, Justify, following the hereafter model;
The Organizing Committee reserves the right to edit and publish the volume of abstracts.
The abstracts will be analysed and selected by the Scientific Commettee of the Congress. The participants will be informed in due time if their abstracts have been accepted and included in the Congress programme or not.
The abstracts which do not correspond to the recommended format and/or to the thematic fields of the congress will not be accepted. In this case the registration fee will be returned (with the exception of bank fee cost).